Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Recipe: Vanilla Almond Granola

One of my favorite things to do (other than crochet :) is bake and cook delicious food for my family. I came across a vanilla granola recipe a few months ago and tweaked it a little. Here is the recipe for the granola I make for my family. I have 2 kids..one 7 year old and one 2 year old and they both get excited when they see me in the kitchen making this home made granola!






Vanilla Almond Granola
4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup, packed brown sugar
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. cinnamon
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup honey
2 T. sugar 
1 T. almond extract
3 T. vanilla extract 

Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Lightly spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
Mix the oats, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a small sauce pan, combine the oil, honey, and sugar. Simmer over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Pour the hot liquid over your dry ingredients and mix well.
Spread the granola on your prepared baking sheet and bake 20-30 minutes, or until lightly golden.

This granola can be stored for up to two weeks in an air tight container or 6 months in the freezer.

**Added bonus: When this is baking it will make your house smell AMAZING! :D**

Enjoy!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment