Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Recipe: Pumpkin Bread

My favorite season would have to be fall. I love the leaves changing colors, taking the kids to pick apples and pumpkins, and making yummy breads, applesauce, and pies. I also love how good my house smells when I am making all of my tasty treats!


Last year I came across a Pumpkin Bread recipe ... (I don't remember where I got it from, so if it's yours, sorry I didn't give you credit for it! LOL)... any whoo... it is the most delicious recipe for pumpkin bread. It almost tastes like a pumpkin pie! It is SO very good and SO very moist!

So go ahead and bake a few loaves... you won't regret it!

Pumpkin Bread

  • 2 cups white sugar

  • 1 cup brown sugar

  • 4 eggs, lightly beaten

  • 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin

  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

  • 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg

  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

  • 1 teaspoon ground allspice

  • 1/2 cup water


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9-inch loaf pans.

Mix white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs in a large bowl; stir in pumpkin and mix well. 

Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, cloves, and allspice in a bowl; add alternately with water to pumpkin mixture. 

Pour into prepared loaf pans.

Bake in preheated oven until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center 
comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes. 

Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.



Enjoy!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment